Workplace Readiness Programmes (WRPs) has been recognized as an important intervention for combating youth unemployment in South Africa.
“Demand-driven WRP interventions are critical in addressing the unemployed youth statistic prevailing in the country (statistic prior to National Census results 23%). WRP offering(s) are aligned to the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS III) Objective of ‘promoting and accelerating quality training for all in the workplace’.”
Skills lacking in today's graduates costs South African business dearly as there is frustration experienced by both the business as well as by the new employee. The person finds it difficult to fit into the work environment and thus is unable to perform in their new role.
The employers tend to expect graduates to be ready to run with their new jobs while graduates expect employers to show them the ropes which lead to an expectations gap which can clearly create work stress and tension.
History Makers has a program enables graduates to make a smooth transition to the world of work. The graduates are provided with extensive skills development and are also assigned a trained mentor to assist and guide them through the learning process. Mentors are trained to match the assistance and advice given to the learner to their personal profile, determined at the start of the programme using psychometric assessments. learning. Our program focused on enhancing the graduates business skills.
We cover a range of topics including but not limited to the following:
- Building Self Esteem and Assertiveness Skills
- Business Etiquette: Gaining That Extra Edge
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Business Writing that Works
- Communication Strategies
- Speak Easy: Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public
- Skills for the Administrative Assistant
- Time Management: Get Organized for Peak Performance
- Writing Reports and Proposals
- Working Smarter: Using Technology to your Advantage
- Budgets and Managing Money
- Workplace Violence: How to Manage Anger and Violence in the Workplace
- Workplace Harassment: What It Is and What To Do About It
- Business Ethics for the Office
- Diversity Training: Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Safety in the Workplace
- HIV/AIDS in the Workplace
- Customer Service: Critical Elements of Customer Service